The Villa on Mount Pleasant

Lifestyle, vintage home and decorative crafts...

Thursday 21 July 2016

Living Room Re-Shuffle




Hello everyone!

I know I am not alone in admitting that there are occasions, when I stand in a room and think "Maybe that huge piece of furniture would look amazing if I moved it over there...?".  Rather than properly considering the pros and cons, I then get a bee in my bonnet, and have to shift absolutely everything around, right there and then.  As they say, a change is as good as a rest, so why not try new layouts for a fresh view in your home?  As long as you accept that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, then it can be fun to have a move around, if only for a season.  In the summer you might want  to make a room more spacious and streamlined, but come winter it's nice to bring an occasional table into the mix to rest your book and hot cocoa on.

Here's a teaser of my new living room layout I'm trying out.  I must confess that as soon as I shifted everything round, I didn't love it.  However within a coupe of days it had really grown on me, and makes the room look so much bigger, which is nice for these bright, hot summery days.  Will I shift it all back as Autumn beckons?  Almost certainly! In the meantime I'm loving this little corner with it's accents of dusky pink and lilac.

The other end of my sofa is now adorned with a beautiful quilt which I won through joining in with a lovely Instagram hashtag - I will tell you all about that and share some snaps with you over the weekend!

Tamsyn x
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Villa on Mount Pleasant | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig