The Villa on Mount Pleasant

Lifestyle, vintage home and decorative crafts...

Thursday 28 July 2016

Following My Dreams...


Hello everyone!

As I said yesterday, it was a big day for me.  It was the day I left the security of my desk job and all the people I love working with, to go freelance.  To run this blog and lavish the attention upon it which I think it now deserves.  To work on shoots as an interior/prop stylist, production assistant or art director.  To be creative.  I was so grateful to have my job, as I needed it so desperately a few years ago when everything changed for me, when my then husband and I were going separate ways.  However in recent months I have felt that there was more I could offer, starting here.  I love writing, but I have felt constrained by time and often have sat down late and night and written a post, and felt sad that I wasn't fulfilling it's potential - the words and story have been in my head, but I've been too exhausted to let them flow.  I've had so many styling, crafting and tutorials floating around in my mind, but they've stayed as scribbles in notebooks.  Time to set them free!

I love my girls and one guy in the office so much, it has been a real pleasure to work with them, and I will miss the laughs that we have, they are such dear friends to me.  Thankfully although I will not be sat across the desk from them, I will still see them aplenty, as I will be working for their sister company East Coast Production.  It might be a bit of a shock to me though on Monday morning when the realisation dawns on me that I'm on my own, and I have to make it work.  I am looking forward to sprucing up the craft room to make an inspiring workspace, keep your eyes peeled for a post on that!

They gave me this card yesterday (and yes, I cried!) and I think it sums it all up pretty well.  I'm off to follow my dreams.  I hope you will join me on this journey.  Please do get in touch if you would like to work with me!

Tamsyn x
Share:

5 comments

  1. Very best wishes for going it alone Tamsyn <3 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your beautiful style is why I started reading your blog, but your courage and creative spirit are what keep me coming back. So excited to see your next big adventure, I know it will be a success!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emily, ah thank you so much for your kind words, so lovely to read! xx

      Delete
  3. Your beautiful style is why I started reading your blog, but your courage and creative spirit are what keep me coming back. So excited to see your next big adventure, I know it will be a success!

    ReplyDelete

© The Villa on Mount Pleasant | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig