The Villa on Mount Pleasant

Lifestyle, vintage home and decorative crafts...

Friday 20 May 2016

Purple Stocks



Happy Friday everyone!

I put this little still life together this morning to share on my Instagram gallery (follow me here), and as I sometimes do, I decided to also capture it on my big camera to share here.  I've always loved chintzy, vintage floral, but I'm completely obsessed at the moment, so this seems like a fitting still life after finding these amazing purple scented stocks yesterday!  The colour is amazing, so vibrant - I don't think I've ever seen them in this shade before.

I've spotted one of my dahlias in a pot has peeked out from the soil which is pretty exciting.  However I'm still waiting for a further six tubers to awaken from their slumber.  Can any gardeners tell me if this is the norm?  Without wishing time away (this year is going far too quickly as it is) I cannot wait for dahlia season to kick in, to fully satiate my need for big, luscious blooms.  That is, if the slugs don't get to them first!

Have a wonderful day!

Tamsyn x
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Villa on Mount Pleasant | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig