The Villa on Mount Pleasant

Lifestyle, vintage home and decorative crafts...

Thursday 3 September 2015

Beautiful Dahlias


Hello everyone!

I've been waiting for my final two dahlias to bloom all summer.  I'm not sure if it's because they're a bit cramped in the flower bed, or if they aren't getting enough sunshine, but for some reason, they've only just flowered this week.  But they are gorgeous, and have been worth the wait.  If I had more time today, I might have made more of a display to share with you - but actually, I think they look beautiful displayed simply in vintage bottles.  That way you can fully appreciate their flouncy, frou frou petals in their full glory.

Very soon I'm having period style railings installed in my front garden, which is actually of a decent size.  I will then be able to clear the debris and ornamental stones which were laid to try and stop the weeds from growing through, and design and plan my front garden.  I hope to grow dahlias there next year, as I think that they do need a bit of space in order to reach their full potential.  

If you haven't tried growing them, do - they are so easy to grow (as long as you can keep the slugs away!) and so rewarding.  Plus their colours are absolutely gorgeous, ranging from dusky vintage hues to jewel bright tones.

Have a wonderful day!

Tamsyn x
Share:

1 comment

  1. I was about to ask if they're easy to grow, for some reason I thought they where a difficult plant. They're so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

© The Villa on Mount Pleasant | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig