The Villa on Mount Pleasant

Lifestyle, vintage home and decorative crafts...

Saturday 5 September 2015

A Corner of my Kitchen


Hello everyone, I hope you've had a good week!

I thought I'd share this little corner of my kitchen with you today.  I kept the tiny sash window when I had my kitchen renovated - it's small but it still lets in lots of light, and I think it adds a delightfully quirky touch to the space as a whole.  I bought the little cabinet years ago from a car boot fair for £2. I painted it and added beautiful vintage eiderdown fabric behind the mesh door.  The pressed glass cake stands have been collected over the last few years - over the summer, I found the etched glass cloche, and it sits beautifully on the smallest cake stand!  

One of my followers on Instagram recently asked me what my window treatment was like in my kitchen, so I wanted to share a snapshot - it's all a bit of a work in progress.  I intend to tile the splash back behind the sink.  The simple white roller blind is from B&Q, and the wooden decorative pelmet was a cast off from a vintage piece of furniture.  It adds a bit of architectural interest to my new window.

These roses were £3 from Aldi, and look amazing a week after I bought them now that the buds have opened up fully.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Tamsyn x
Share:

2 comments

  1. I am constantly surprised by how beautiful Aldi roses are! They look so expensive.

    ReplyDelete

© The Villa on Mount Pleasant | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig