The Villa on Mount Pleasant

Lifestyle, vintage home and decorative crafts...

Wednesday 10 December 2014

Dining Room Makeover



Hello everyone, I hope you are having a wonderful week!

As promised, here are some pictures of my (not quite) finished dining room!  Here's a reminder of how it looked on the day I moved in...
As you can see, it was on the dark side, and needed all the help it could get to be lighter and brighter.  After painting it all white, I put up one of my huge mirrors, to try and bounce some more light back into the room.  I also painted the wooden mantelpiece that frames the amazing old range, which I use to store and display my collection of old car boot find books.  The floor, which once absorbed every bit of light there was, now bounces it back around the room.  

I love it so much, as along with the kitchen, I think it's another room that's completely transformed into a space we can really enjoy living in.  I'm having friends over for dinner on Christmas day, and I'm so looking forward to filling this room with laughter, good food and candle light.

Have a wonderful day!

Tamsyn x
Share:

3 comments

  1. Una stanza meravigliosa, piena di dettagli originali!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so lovely. Could happily sit here with a glass of vino 😉 👏 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it's so welcoming. You must be so pleased with it

    ReplyDelete

© The Villa on Mount Pleasant | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig