The Villa on Mount Pleasant

Lifestyle, vintage home and decorative crafts...

Tuesday 4 March 2014

Craft Blog Club Challenge - I Re-Love You



  Hello everyone!

I take part when I can in a Twitter 'meet up' on a Tuesday night called #craftblogclub, run by the lovely Emma over at Frugally Peachy Blog.  Emma sets #craftblogclub challenges - last year I made these Fabric Pumpkins for the Halloween challenge, and I also took part in the Secret Santa challenge.  Our first challenge of 2014 has been given the gorgeous title of I Re-Love You, and the brief was to upcycle a piece of furniture or home ware, preferably something that we already had in our possession.

I was very excited by the challenge, as I fancy myself a bit of an upcycling queen!  At the moment, I have upcycling projects coming out of my ears what with the house decoration/renovation.  I decided against doing a piece of furniture quite simply because that is what I do for my business I co-own with my wonderful friend Lucy, The Rustic Rose.  We re-vamp beautiful vintage and antique furniture, you can see our website here.  I decided to do something different, especially as time is an issue for me at the moment what with work, the business, the house renovation, parenting etc!

When clearing out the attic at the back of the house, I found these wonderful old suitcases.  I decided to keep the brown leather one as it is, and to indulge my passion for all things pretty and pastel by painting the other two and lining the lids with vintage wallpaper.  I'm now going to use them as storage, photographic props and decoration - I think they'd also look lovely filled with party favours or even cupcakes on vintage stands.  I decorated the lid with a mini washing line of my Polaroid style prints that I posted about here.  

I'm now on the prowl for a third smaller case which I can paint baby blue to complete the set!

Tamsyn x
Share:

5 comments

  1. These are beautiful! What paint did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Amy! I used a chalk paint as an undercoat, and I used water based eggshell on top :-)

      Delete
  2. Hello, happy to have found your blog via 'Frugally Peachy' it all looks lovely! The suitcases are really pretty, I never would have thought of painting them - you have got me eyeing mine up now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these Tamsyn! Just gorgeous! I'd no idea you could use paint on leather — would have thought it would crack — am now looking at my battered old case and thinking it would look lovely with a coat of paint!! Caro X

    ReplyDelete

© The Villa on Mount Pleasant | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig