The Villa on Mount Pleasant

Lifestyle, vintage home and decorative crafts...

Thursday 21 November 2013

Vintage Champagne Glasses






Hello everyone, hope you're having a good week!

So as I may have mentioned before, I had a small collection of vintage champagne saucers, collected from car boot fairs over the last year or so.  I loved them, they were so delicate and pretty, and it felt very decadent and Gatsby-like on the one occasion I actually sat with a friend and used them to drink bubbles out of.  Sadly I broke them whilst having a clear out.  Sob.  As my dear mum has always said on such occasions, 'No use crying over spilt milk!'.  A not entirely helpful saying but there we go.  I prefer 'Dry your eyes princess, and go buy some more!', which is indeed, what I did.

These were not the car boot bargain bottom-of-a-cardboard-box in a field type champagne saucers, these were a treat to myself from eBay.  They are actually pretty heavy and very clear cut glass or maybe even crystal, so I will take better care of these ones.  I'm looking forward to making some sort of elegant cocktail over the festive period, and I shall use these for a touch of vintage glamour.  
Bottoms up!

Tamsyn x



Share:

1 comment

© The Villa on Mount Pleasant | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig