The Villa on Mount Pleasant

Lifestyle, vintage home and decorative crafts...

Thursday 28 November 2013

Homemade Advent Calendar







Hello everyone!
I hope you're having a good week!

After a crazy busy weekend, I finished the advent calendar that I was making for the children, and ta-daaa!  Here it is in it's full glory.  I used one of my job lot of large antique frames that I found at a car boot fair (post about some of the frames here) after giving it a coat of paint.   The Range do lots of large frames which you could paint and distress to look older.
I used mini white pegs to hang the little bags I made onto a twine washing line.  A trip to the 99p Store for chocolate coins and stickers to go in each little bag and we're good to go!  I love the red and white theme, and I'm making some bunting from the same fabrics too for a festive Scandinavian feel.
Once Christmas is over I will use my new frame to display photographs and mementos.

I can't believe December is just round the corner, I'm really looking forward to sharing lots of festive posts with you!

Tamsyn x

PS : To all you lovely readers in the States - just want to wish all of you a very Happy Thanksgiving.  Hope you are having a wonderful day with your families! x

Share:

4 comments

  1. It looks fabulous - I love the frame & the cute little bags ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dee, thank you so much! Hope you are having a lovely run to Christmas :-)

      Delete
  2. Love your advent calendar :). I'm enjoying reading everyone's blogs just now with their festive makes. Will have to get a move on myself to start getting crafty. xx

    wantingtobeadomesticgoddessblogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Denise, thank you so much, the children have enjoyed the gold coins, stickers and novelty rubbers I put in the little bags! :-) x

      Delete

© The Villa on Mount Pleasant | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig