The Villa on Mount Pleasant

Lifestyle, vintage home and decorative crafts...

Monday 7 October 2013

Covered Notebook-Craft Blog Club Challenge








Hello everyone! 

I adore Twitter.  The support I've had over the last 9 months for the blog has been amazing, and I've 'met' some really lovely, like minded people.  Fellow bloggers from across the board, vintage lovers, crafters, florists to name but a few.  Lots of very inspiring people.
I join in with several weekly evening meet ups, such as #vintagefindhour, #handmadehour and #loveyourblog. I have recently found a fab new group on Twitter, who 'meet up' on a Tuesday evening by using the #craftblogclub hashtag.  Craft blog club is organised by the lovely Emma at Life is Peachy, and at the beginning of September, she set us a challenge to cover a notebook.  Quick and easy enough to not get too bogged down by, but also enough to get really inspired and stuck into.
I went for a vintage style cover with pale pinks and a rosette, as well as button embellishments. I used cream coloured felt as a base, then I pulled out lots of my fabric scraps and machine sewed strips of vintage eiderdown fabric and sewed old buttons on.  I love the finished result, and I'm looking forward to taking part in another challenge soon!

If you are on Twitter, pop over and join us!  My Twitter page is here.

Tamsyn x

Ps - I recently set up a Facebook page for the blog for those who are interested, link at the top of the page! x

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Villa on Mount Pleasant | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig