The Villa on Mount Pleasant

Lifestyle, vintage home and decorative crafts...

Wednesday 4 September 2013

Beautiful Old Frames

 





Hello all!

I love a bit of decadence here and there in my home, whether it be a tinkling chandelier, or an old gilt frame.  I don't care if they're not perfect, for me the chips and dinks add to their charm and history.  A man at the car boot fair the other weekend had a small lorry, full of what appeared to be the contents of a lovely old house - dark Victorian paintings, antlers, old rugs and lots of these frames.  I picked up these up along with a much larger frame, for £8.  It does make me a little sad that somebody's once treasured belongings have ended up on a van being sold in a field on a Sunday morning - but at the same time I love giving these things, once so grand but now very worn round the edges, a new home, a new lease of life.

I have plans for these beauties, which I shall share with you one day!

Tamsyn x

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Villa on Mount Pleasant | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig