The Villa on Mount Pleasant

Lifestyle, vintage home and decorative crafts...

Friday 16 August 2013

The Old Bank Tearoom
















Evening all, Happy Friday!

A few years ago, I took my daughter on a double decker bus (she was desperate to go on a double decker!) to a nearby market town, where we went to a lovely old tea room and had a pot of tea, juice and cake all round.  So I thought we'd do it again today.  It was raining, and by the time we got to the bus stop, there was more than a little whinging.  When the bus came, it was a single decker - cue wailing from my son.  By the time the queue went down he was happy to go with it, so on we hopped, and we sat at the back.  When we arrived at our destination, (Bungay, Suffolk) I soon realised that I had got it completely wrong and it was not the same place we had been before - goodness only knows where that was!!  
We wandered up into the centre of Bungay and my disappointment very quickly faded when I saw The Old Bank Tearoom.  It looked perfect, so in we went and sat at a table by the window.  The building was lovely, very high ceilings and lots of wood panelling, all very old fashioned.  It was filled with vintage furniture, mismatched chairs and tables, lovely old crockery and pretty tablecloths.  There was even some old dance hall music playing in the background.  It made me want to put on a tea dress, wear some red lipstick and curl my hair into victory rolls!
My daughter and I shared a pot of traditional tea and the children chose chocolate and coffee & walnut cake whilst I had a scone - when the waitress offered to do it as a cream tea, well it would have been rude not to wouldn't it? ;)

Tamsyn x
Share:

2 comments

  1. Stumbled across your blog somehow, and enjoyed looking at all the pretty things. The car boot rummaging, the fairy lights and the pretty things are so me, except you are a more pastel coloured version! I will look forward to your postings. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you so much for looking, and welcome! Lots of lovely posts lined up, so pleased do pop back!

      Tamsyn x

      Delete

© The Villa on Mount Pleasant | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig