The Villa on Mount Pleasant

Lifestyle, vintage home and decorative crafts...

Monday 8 April 2013

My Hallway DIY Project...











Hello all!

I hope you had a wonderful Easter break!  
It's been a busy time here, what with the children being on Easter holidays and the various DIY projects I've embarked on, the biggest of which can be seen in the pictures above.  I last painted our hall floor 8 years ago, and after years of being used as a pram/buggy park, and a toddler ride on toy formula 1 track, it was in dire need of a re-paint.  I decided to use floor paint by Farrow & Ball in Bone, a favourite colour of mine which I have used on many items of furniture and on my kitchen woodwork. I love it's greenish grey hue which I think lends a soft warmth as well as having enough colour in it to disguise the general wear and tear of family life.  The wallpaper is called Asuka by Osborne & Little, and I still love it's opulence 8 years after we put it up.  The huge mirror's were bargains from a local shop as they were ex-display, and the chandeliers were bought in a local antique shop.  The cupboard under the mirror was an auction buy, which I painted a soft white and added old chippy cup handles to.  I love the carving detail on the doors, too.  It's brilliant for quickly hiding shoes, gloves, keys and any other 'stuff' that can fit in it! 

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Villa on Mount Pleasant | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig