The Villa on Mount Pleasant

Lifestyle, vintage home and decorative crafts...

Sunday 28 April 2013

Cushion covers in shades of blue...










I hope you've all had a lovely weekend!

I ran up a couple of simple cushion covers over the weekend, using some fabrics I've had knocking round for a while, along with a scrap of the most amazing blue floral fabric that I found at a car boot fair last week.  It's in quite fragile condition as it was lurking at the bottom of a dusty old box of junk, but there was a large enough piece of it to use as a panel over an old linen fabric.  I love the duck egg blue of the flowers so much that I decided to make a larger bolster cushion with some beautiful old baby blue mattress ticking.  The large square cushion covers are made from a vintage woollen blanket.

 I found some lovely vintage hand embroidered tablecloths last weekend at a car boot fair, which I will share with you on my next post this week!

Tamsyn x


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Villa on Mount Pleasant | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig