The Villa on Mount Pleasant

Lifestyle, vintage home and decorative crafts...

Friday 29 March 2013

A corner of my dining room...









Hello all, I hope you've had a good week!

I thought I'd share a corner of my dining room with you today.  I bought my magnificent Victorian glazed dresser from an auction a couple of years ago.  I love pieces from this era so much...hand made, fantastic storage and beautiful to look at.  Due to it's size, it was a bit of a project, but it makes an amazing place to store and display my china, cake stands, vintage champagne glasses and various other random ornaments.  The bottom section is absolutely perfect for quickly hiding enormous amounts of clutter when we have guests coming (please tell me I'm not alone in doing this?!)  It looks beautiful at Christmas too, strung with fairy lights.  The chair was a car boot find that I painted and re-upholstered in old blanket fabric, I adore the carved flower.  The primitive lavender heart was made for me by my dear friend Lucy.  
In true Easter weekend DIY fashion, I have decided to paint my hallway floorboards - I will share some pictures with you next week!

I hope you all have a lovely relaxing weekend ahead of you - Happy Easter!

Tamsyn

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Villa on Mount Pleasant | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig